Thursday, January 5, 2023

What happens in a music lesson? | Award Winning Music Teacher

All music making that is led by the ear, and singing has a flow and ease that is deeply rewarding to the student, as well as to the listener. This is especially true when the student is thinking of giving his music to another person, as a gift. Both of these principles are embedded in my approach to teaching music.

Each lessonorganically develops as, I adjust what they are learning based on information that I get, using many of the methods listed below.

I will typically begin by asking what types of music theylike to listen to and who their favorite singers are.I will then go and listen to them myself if I have never heard of them, which is likely as there is so much music available. I suggest new pieces of music for them to listen to, or even better to watch on YouTube and find out what they like or dislike about the songs, pieces of music.I really like my students to play music that they have a connection to and they often bring in music that they want to learn. This encourages a collaborative approach to the lessons.

Get More Info : Improve breathing with the Alexander Technique

Websites : https://judithmuir.com/

Contact Us : Find An Alexander Technique Teacher New York

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music- Pickup where you left off!! | Music Classes for Autism

It’s been a while since you last picked up the saxophone or sat down at the piano, and you only sing in the shower or car -it’s probably bee...